I thought I would do one more post about my favorite websites for purchases! I am making my son -- I mean ASKING my son -- to purchase the following Anthropologie item for my birthday (which is at the end of July). Here is what I want for a birthday present:
It's a little sugar bowl (can also be used as a jam jar) -- isn't it the most adorable thing? The colors will coordinate with my canister set in the kitchen. When I add my new valance and put out some other new items I have for the kitchen, I will post some pictures (finally). I won't get the sugar bowl until the end of the month from my son but, knowing myself with doing anything, it WILL be the end of the month before my kitchen is done with a good cleaning, etc.! And here is something that I have recently purchased myself from Anthropologie:
It is a beautiful little planter urn. And it is SO heavy and substantial! I am not very creative, so I don't really know what I am going to put in it yet... I have some pretty dried hydrangeas that I had in mind for another spot, but I may use them in this. I also have some silk hydrangeas that I could add in it. (Do you think I may like hydrangeas?) Or I could buy a little flower plant to slip in it. Or I was thinking about rolling up a dishtowel or two to put in there -- although it really isn't too big, I don't know if they'd fit! Anyone have any other ideas? Oh, and guess the price... $8.00! Yes, $8.00! They have another in a round shape for the same price, plus a larger one (a tall vase shape) for $18.00. Isn't it worth it? Well, if anyone has any creative ideas for its use, please kindly let me know!
Guess that's it for now -- thanks for visiting!
Gloria
Oh, neat! I love Anrhopologie, too, Gloria!
ReplyDeleteThat is the cutest little sugar bowl. Love the bird on top.
And I love your planter, too. I think hydrangeas would be good in it. Another thing that might look good for sort of an exotic look would be a bromeliad. I have had them inside, and the good news is, you can neglect them, and they do well! ;-) They don't like to be over-watered. But I like the hydrangea idea, too, against the color of the urn. I think silk mixed with dry would work, too! :-)
XO,
Sheila :-)
I adore Anthropology and I love that cute little planter!
ReplyDeleteHey Gloria! Those are adorable things from Anthro! What a nice birthday you hopefully will have. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you sooooo much for your sweet comments on my site!!! You're a sweetheart and I'm glad you found me. I'm your newest follower! :) xxoo
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. I love Anthropologie and I am always trying to copy their style. My friend made me a scarf for Christmas that looked just like one from Anthropolgie. I can't wait until I can wear it again. I am also a new follower. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteThat sugar bowl is too cute. Thanks for visiting me. Now I'm following you back. :)
Hope you have a great week!
Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/
If towels are too big, I would try hand towels or even wash cloths. Rolled wash cloths would be cute! Great find for $8!
ReplyDelete