I watched "THE VIEW" today, and was honored that President Barack Obama took time out to be a visitor on this program, as I announced he would do so in my post from a few days ago. I thought it was a great show. I didn't realize that President Obama would be on for the whole hour! But he was personable and interesting and the hour went very quickly. How lucky to whomever met the President for this show!
And so, this afternoon, a news commentator who shall remain nameless, I don't want to give him any acknowledgment, gave his opinion that because he didn't agree with the President going on The View, the commentator stated: "There's gotta be a little bit of dignity to the Presidency."
And so, this afternoon, a news commentator who shall remain nameless, I don't want to give him any acknowledgment, gave his opinion that because he didn't agree with the President going on The View, the commentator stated: "There's gotta be a little bit of dignity to the Presidency."
Well, in my opinion, President Barack Obama DID give DIGNITY and HUMILITY to the Presidency, due to the fact that President Obama understands that there IS dignity to a reputable daytime TV show and he wants to reach "people." I totally think that because The View is moderated by five women, that the male news commentators will immediately run to "diss" the President for his guest spot on a daytime show in this situation.
I won't go on and on, I just want to give my congratulations and a thank you to President Obama for being a guest on The View. He was eloquent, down-to-earth, charming, and a credit to his Presidential Office. I was proud to call myself one of the Americans who voted this man into Office.
Oh, and I happened to see this adorable pic online when I was looking for a picture from The View today, and I had to include it. Look at that baby holding onto the President and the both of them smiling!
Regards,Gloria
I am so happy to meet a fellow Obama fan. I also thought it was a joy that he took time out to be on the veiw. He got some bad publicity for doing so, but real people watch that show and what better way to reach out to them. His critics get on my nerves THE MAN IS TRYING LEAVE HIM ALONE!
ReplyDeleteI know this is an old post, but I had to comment :) Having worked for his campaign, and shaking his hand, I must agree (of course!) I don't have commercial tv, so don't watch the view and therefore missed the show....but I think it's a grand gesture of Pres. Obama.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for your sweet comment and email about our family situation. You're pretty close in your assumption, but we won't know for a day or so for sure....