This post is dedicated today in memory of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. Being a born and bred Brooklyn, New Yorker, this broke my heart. I was already living in Connecticut in 2001, but it was as if I were right there when it happened. It was horrific. I remember being in work when I heard a co-worker say in the hallway that a plane flew into the World Trade Center. I didn't believe her and went on with my work. Then all hell broke loose. It was true. We all gathered in a conference room to watch what was happening on TV as it unfolded. What a terrible day... My heart goes out to all of the families of the people who died that day who worked in the buildings, and to the firefighters and other workers who gave their lives that day. The History Channel is having memorial shows this weekend so, if you are interested, please remember to watch.I was NOT going to include pictures such as the ones below -- it breaks my heart to see them. But they must go with this memoriam. It is the tragic reality, after all...

The picture of the three NYC Fireman, raising the flag, seen around the world:








I remember that day like it was yesterday. I just happened to walk into the family room where the TV was on, and they were talking about a plane having gone into the first tower. Then I started freaking out and calling my husband to come quick as we watched the second plane hit the other tower. From there on...it was all a nightmare of epic proportions! My heart still clenches tightly and tears come to my eyes when I think of that terrible day in our history.
ReplyDelete