
So, OK, any ideas what I can do with these? I was online on Ebay one day recently, and since I am on a "Robin's Egg Blue kick," I came across these finials. I said: "I gotta have 'em! I am bidding!" Then, AFTER I bid, of course, I was like: "Oh, I don't need them. That's spending money I don't have, on something I wouldn't know what to do with anyway." (I am in no way creative, plus I am pretty lazy to boot.) So guess what? I won the bid. I was like, "Great, now what."
So the four finials came the other day. I didn't even open the box yet. Can you please take a look at the pics and give me some ideas? (I am SO lazy, that these aren't even my photos, these are the ones from the ebay ad.)



Thank you for your help!
Gloria
How about attaching a board to them, then attach a BIG pouffy pillow covered in a complimentary fabric. I think you could get by with a few screws, some paint, and a staple gun...and then you'd have something cute!
ReplyDeleteIf that doesn't work...use it for kindling this winter!
You are so funny, Gloria, lol. But I am sure Debbie (Confessions of a Plate Addict) or Linda can think of something....Christine
ReplyDeleteLOL, I've done that before too!
ReplyDeleteLooks like they might make a great tray table. Just screw a pretty tray to the top. Or what about a candleholder?
The other thought is to check out "Just a Girl" blog-on Friday's she has a party where people post their projects. I saw something recently on something like this but honestly, I don't remember where. Good luck.
How big are they, Gloria? Generally finials are pretty small, but I'm getting the impression that these are larger.
ReplyDeleteJan: I have no idea. They are still in the box they came in!!! (maybe 12 inches high?????? 18 inches high???)
ReplyDeleteHow about a piece of glass on top. Then you can display some small pictures of family, friends. It would be like a small table. You can display a beautiful coffee cup, a small minature flower pot. Oh let your mind soar. Have fun. Paulette
ReplyDeleteGloria-If you get a chance, check out Just a Girl's blog today (link is on my blog) and there is a project on there with some candle holders and candy corn with the letters "Boo" on the front. You have to see how she made these and I think you could duplicate it with these candlesticks.
ReplyDeleteGloria-Check out this link. I think you could use the finials for this project.
ReplyDeletehttp://tarahebison.blogspot.com/2010/10/boo.html
P.S. You can delete my last comment.