So... this is my own little corner of the kitchen. My kitchen is very small, and I do most of my cooking and prep work right at this spot that you will see below. I am NOT showing you the other 'side' of the kitchen, because I am NOT like other bloggers, who have a gorgeously clean and organized kitchens all around. I "moved" a some stuff in order to get nice pics. Yes, even for this teeny corner! So for anyone who does not have to 'move' things to make things appear "nice" on their blogs, I admire you!! But I, for one, must say that photos are great for me, so that I don't have to show my 'total' messy life!
Anyway -- I love all of my "things" in this corner, hence this post! I will describe all of these little items of mine. My first picture is of the FRONT of my house -- I sent my son out this afternoon and asked him to take a picture. I have loads of pictures of the front from over the years, but none on my digital camera! So he went across the road to take a photo for this post, per my request. He's a good kid. And don't forget -- it's Autumn here, so you can see a lot of fallen leaves! I still have one 'lacy maple' that transforms into a BRILLIANT crimson in the late Fall. From the picture below, it is on the right hand side, all the way in the back. My mother planted it, years ago. When it changes color, I will post a picture...
First, here's the full picture of my "little corner... " Yes, it looks a little congested, but I wanted to show all of my favorite things! (I normally do NOT have that turquoise urn there, on the left -- I got the urn from Anthropologie (I did a post on that!) and in it are dried hydrangeas that I purchased from Ebay. Aren't they pretty?
OK, to start with, this is what I see outside of my window when I am preparing food, or "doing the dishes." (In the second picture, you can see my neighbor's white house in the background.)
And this is my little bird sugarbowl that my son gave me for my birthday. It's from Anthropologie. I did a post on it when I ordered it for my son to GIVE me for my birthday! :)
(Hey, when kids are teenagers, a Mom HAS TO give them ideas of what to get, right??)
These next little "nesting bowls" are from Tracy Hutson. I LOVED the colors so I had to have them! They are from QVC. I LOVE QVC, and have purchased a TON of products from them. You can also see in the second photo, the set of Xochi dish towels ("tea towels" they called them!) that I purchased from One Kings Lane. They are very pretty. I got nine towels, in total, for a good price. Each were individually wrapped in a set of three. You can see the set of three here. I think I may do a give-away for one set. They are so pretty and I know someone would love them, as I do! (So stay tuned for that give-away!)
I have had the kitchen canisters for a while. I loved the color. I am always afraid of chipping them though! These are also from QVC, from my favorite "designer" on QVC: Valerie Parr Hill. I have a LOT of "Valerie" things, which I will show you at another time (when I get the gumption to do so. Look how long it took me to do this!). I paid maybe ~$45 for these kitchen canisters, and I saw them elsewhere, in a high-end catalog, for $95, a long time ago. So, needless to say, I was very happy with Valerie/QVC.
And, of course, you saw my red Keurig (also from QVC!). It is the "personal" size. We don't drink too much coffee, and this is perfect. I love it because you can just make one cup of coffee at a time. The little "K-cups" are expensive though!
And this is one of my favorite coffee mugs. I got two, to match the kitchen (red!), when my son and I visited my cousin and her husband on Martha's Vineyard a couple of years ago. You can see some of the photos my son took on the right hand side of my blog.
It is SO pretty there, on Martha's Vineyard... I love all of the little houses and all of the little shops. We had Breakfast at The Black Dog, and it was so delicious. They made their own breakfast sausage and it was so good. This is where I bought the mugs -- they had a little shop, a few steps, right across from the restaurant. Although the mugs are nice, I think it is the 'memory' of staying with my cousin and her generous husband (who is like my own flesh-and-blood cousin to me after all of these years!), that makes me love the mug/love my memories of being on Martha's Vineyard with them and my son...
This little ceramic heart is something my son gave me when he was 10 years old. He got it at a "Swap Meet" when we visited friends/family in California. When my friend said, "We're taking you guys to a swap meet, I said, "What's a swap meet??" On the East coast, when I was little, they called it a "Flea Market!"
This is another Ebay purchase. It is an 'original' bird tealight holder (at least it's original for ME! I don't know how many the artist made and sold! LOL!)
And last, but certainly NOT least, here is a new photo of my son below that I took from outside the window today! His birthday is in the near future, and soon I can no long say (or give excuses for him) that he is a 'teenager.' WOW, he will be 20 years old. Amazing. Especially since I feel like I am only about 30 myself. So, really, he must still only be 5 or 10?

Hi Gloria! Yay, you made it to the party! I'm so glad. Oh, your home is so charming and the grounds are beautiful! Love seeing your kitchen and all your little areas. You have some lovely things and I like hearing the stories attached to them. :)
ReplyDeleteYour son loves to give you gifts doesn't he? That's so sweet and he is a very handsome young man!! :)
Thanks again, Gloria, for coming to my party and sharing your darling kitchen.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia;)
Those are all beautiful things you picked out to show. I love the urn and the little birdies. You did a wonderful job. Your little house looks so cozy and welcoming! Just like a greeting card!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love all the beautiful things in your kitchen! Those plates and bowls and those canisters are just lovely. I really like the all the birds. And I would do anything to have that kind of wooded view out of my kitchen window! Lovely!
ReplyDeleteGloria, first of all... your son is just a doll. Love his latest pic.
ReplyDeleteNow, your house is adorable as is your corner of your kitchen with all of your treasures. I could steal that Anthropolgie bowl in a split second, and you went to the Black Dog! That is hip to have something from there, and that mug is CUTE! You find the neatest things. Love them all.
I am at home this morning and headed back to St. A. soon. Trying to blog a little today.
Love you much...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Thanks for taking us on a journey through home! I especially love that wrap-around porch you have...a place where I'd spend much time!
ReplyDeleteI love your view, glad you made it to the party! thanks for stopping by. Your little blue birds are very cute!!
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing all your colorful "pretties" and hearing the stories of how you acquired them. It's sounds to me as if your son is a fine young man who loves his mom -- even if he won't be a teen much longer, he'll always be your baby boy, won't he?
Hope you have a great week!
Bill
Well We're glad that you posted your little corner. Filled with many sweet and precious things. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love the bright colours in your kitchen, and the red mug with the dog is so cute :-) It's great that you not only enjoy using the mug, but that you have wonderful memories when you're sipping coffee from it. And the little bluebirds and topiaries on the window sill are really sweet :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy early birthday to your son!!
Thanks for stopping by my new blog and signing up to follow :-)
Kelly
Awwww your house is so cute! Can I come frolic in your woods? They look awesome! nothing but scrub brush round here :( And LOL I think my mom has those same kitchen canisters....also Your son is a cutie.....mmmm my oldest daughter is 19 *plotplotplot*
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Gloria, I loved seeing your sweet little corner of your kitchen...And girl I have to clean up everything before I take pictures around here...thats why you don't see alot of my house...hey we live here people ha ha!! Gloria I just got home late last night from my Daughters house..Your boy will always be your boy no matter how old he gets girl..Love to ya my sweet friend...Hugs and smiles the other Gl♥ria
ReplyDeleteSorry I am late, Gloria. I spent my time in 2 emergency rooms during Shelia's party. You have many beautiful kitchen accessories but wow! I love the view from your house....all that wooded area. Your son did a great job taking the picture of the house. It looks very pretty and so serene.....Christine
ReplyDeleteGloria, If anyone says they don't clean up and move things around to take pictures, don't believe them!! LOL Who lives in a magazine photo shoot, anyway? Your little corner of the kitchen is adorable. From the urn to the canisters, to the tea towels, the area is warm, homey, and comfortable. You are an avid shopper, I see! And what a gorgeous view you have from your window, too. The leaves are falling here- before I left for NC, they had just begun- now I have so many leaves to rake and blow into the woods behind us. Work- when does it end?
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed seeing the wholesale furniture market in my post. It is an experience, that's for sure. You never see every vendor or showroom. And not all showrooms fit every retail store's niche, either. There are hundreds of showrooms in the downtown area alone, then there are more in the outlying areas where you have to take a shuttle to see them. It's work, but a lot of fun too. I always seem to come away with an order (or two) of merchandise/furniture for ME!! That's why this business is so fun! Thanks for visiting. :-)
~Sue
What a cute kitchen. Love the view outside your window. And the photos on your sidebar of Martha's Vineyard are beautiful! BTW, my husband is a transplanted New Yorker (Long Island) except we're in Ohio. It's been years and he still had culture shock.
ReplyDeleteGloria,
ReplyDeleteYour home is lovely and what a beautiful setting! I love peeking into other people's lives and seeing how they live. Your porch is a dream.
Hugs, Cathy
Oh, Gloria, your house and grounds look beautiful! Who wouldn't love to look out there from your kitchen window. I laughed through your post about cleaning up for the photos. You have some pretty things and I noticed you really like things with a lot of color.
ReplyDeleteAs for your son, mine will be 19 next month! They grow so fast! Don't you just love looking at photos of your kids. Your son looks so handsome!