~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Friday, April 22, 2011

My Faux Ralph Lauren Fabric

I don't know if you are familiar with the Ralph Lauren fabric pattern named "Kathleen" -- but when I saw it some months ago, somewhere in a magazine, or on the internet or somewhere, I fell in love with it. I only wanted a yard or so to cover two chair seats, and have a little left over for a small table topper. So I looked online and found out it was discontinued! I searched all different online fabric stores. And for me to try to purchase a sheet or something, just to cover a couple of small chair seats, just seemed too expensive. (Plus, since it was discontinued, there's not much to be found in this pattern anyway.) Then I had an idea to try to find something in similar colors AND cheaper...

So I looked around and I found it! I got it at Hobby Lobby. Yes, I DO see a difference, and I DO like the Ralph Lauren colors better, but I don't think I did too badly! Here's the difference below. When I recover the chairs in a few weeks, in preparation for the Summer, I will do a post on it! Until then, the two fabrics for your perusal...

THIS is the Hobby Lobby fabric that I purchased:



This is Ralph Lauren's "Kathleen" -- isn't it so deep and beautiful? Ahhhhhh...


But I think I did a pretty good matching job, if I say so myself. ;)

I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend -- Happy Easter and Happy Passover!


Best,

Gloria

13 comments:

  1. You did a super job, Gloria! I love this. So pretty.

    Happy Easter!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize the Kathleen! I made my sister her shower curtain from a king sheet of that Ralph Lauren pattern. The fabric is exquisite and luxurious. That was sooo many years ago though! I think 8 years or something. But I love the one you purchased. I'm a pink kind of girl, so I guess I would! hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great to me :-)

    God bless and have a wonderful Easter :-)

    ~Ron
    *******

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Gloria, so nice to meet you, thanks for stopping by. I did get settled in with my move & glad to be back home with my family. Hope you have a Blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gloria! Yes, ma'am! You did good. The fabric is very close to the LR! You'll have to show us your seat cushions when you get them covered.
    Now you know you're my best friend for life telling me my little Carter looks like me!
    You grew up in New York? That's where my daughter and son-in-law and little Carter are living. In Niskayuna - upstate.
    Easter Blessing and be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty -- you found a great alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did very well, Gloria. I wouldn't know the difference! Have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE the Hobby Lobby fabric...it's just so bright and cheery...and will be perfect for the spring/summer months!!! Can't wait to see the finished chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gloria,

    Oh, how beautiful! I love them both. I can't wait to see your chairs. You have just given me a great idea ... I have some very pretty vintage fabric that is yellow; maybe I'll use it to make slipcovers for our outside cushions.

    I hope that you are having a wonderful Easter, and thank you so much for the post above this one ... great pictures! Thanks too for stopping by and saying hi.

    God bless and many hugs,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "faux" Lauren looks lovely and not faux anything. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a fabric junkie. I used to live near High Point NC which is the furniture capitol of the world and fabric shops are in abundance. I bet you could have found it there. But you find a great substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great job! Looks close enough...plus I think you'll love the muted fabric; the pastel version looks high end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost perfect match up! I've been visiting your blog for a bit this morning and have added myself as a follwer! Thank for stopping by my blog...your kind words melted my heart! Alexis is my pride and joy and I would jump the moon for her. She felt so special and had a blast feeling like the 'normal' kids that night!
    xoxoxox
    kim @ tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!