~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Moment of Silence on Friday for Victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School

 

Gov. Malloy Calls For Bell Toll, Moment Of Silence On Friday

"Connecticut governor asks churches, residents to honor 26 victims of shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT.

Gov. Dannel Malloy is asking Connecticut residents to observe a moment of silence on Friday exactly one week after a gunman at a Newtown elementary school killed 26 people.
According to the Associated Press, and the Norwich Bulletin, Malloy is asking churches to ring their bells 26 times at 9:30 a.m. on Friday. He asked residents to observe a moment of silence during this time."

Although this was posted on my local CT newsline, I think that the whole country will get this request...  I think it is so wonderful for him to ask all CT churches to toll their church bells, 26 times, at 9:30 on Friday, December 21, one week after the tragedy.

I just wanted to alert you of this in case you wanted to take a moment of silence on Friday at 9:30 AM EST.  Thanks for visiting here to see this...

gv  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria. I didn't know about this until too late, but I heard of it later. I think that I was in my car at 9:30. Could you hear church bells ringing where you were? That was a very nice thing of the Gov. and everybody to do. It already seems like more than a week ago; so much has happened.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How difficult it is for all of us not to be suffering heartbreak during this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!