~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Second Day - my first Follower!

This will be a short post -- I just wanted to say that I am very excited and grateful to have my first 'follower' - a wonderful person: Susan! I would like to thank her for inspiring me and, hopefully, I will be able to soon start posting some pictures on here after the holidays. Thank you again, Susan, for your encouragement! Happy Holidays!
Best regards,
Gloria

36 comments:

  1. Well, welcome to blogland, sugar! Yesssss, opposites do attract otherwise, I wouldn't have married Love Bunny. ;-) It's okay to like liver, onions and bacon and not like lima beans. Just don't invite me to dinner when that is on the menu! LOL LOL Nice meeting you, chickee...
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, now you have 2 followers AND I want to see the red house with the white porch, honey.....
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria...come join in Met Monday or Tablescape Thursday so folks will find your new blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria-I saw your comment at Kammy's (Small Home in the Country). I started blogging a little less than a year ago and have enjoyed it more than I can tell you. You will find the nicest people here in Blogland. Just hop around and visit. Hope we will see a new post from you soon. I'm #3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria, Welcome to the blogworld! I just started blogging in Sept. I am a follower now of your!
    Thank you for the sweet comment It means so much to me for you to take the time to leave me such a sweet message.
    I cannot wait to see your little red house with the white porch!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gloria, I only started in Sept, 09 and I love it very much, you will meet the nicest people and learn so much new stuff and their wonderful comments will set your heart aglow, trust me....Come visit again...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the addictive world of blogging! :-) Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your kind comment. I am glad you found my de-cluttering tips useful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. REPLY: Thank you, Jenny, for your comment and, again, for your tips!

    gv

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all await your arrival...I feel sure you will have a splendid time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW COULD I NOT FOLLOW A WOMAN WITH SUCH KIND WORDS! A BIT OF ADVICE AS YOU BEGIN TO BLOG...BE YOURSELF! YOU DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW EVERY BLOG THAT POST NOTHING BUT DISHES...BE YOURSELF, THAT IS WHAT IS NEEDED HERE. JUST DON'T CARE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING, PEOPLE WILL BE ATTRACTED TO "YOU"...YOU ARE NEEDED, NOT A COPY OF SOMEONE ELSE. GOOD LUCK...I WILL FOLLOW! COME SAY HI ANY TIME :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!
    Welcome to blogland.You'll find it very addictive!
    Thank you for popping in and for your lovely comments.

    Bellaboo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gloria,
    Welcome to Blog World. I see a few of my blog buddies have already started to follow you. I have really enjoyed blogging and have learned a lot. It took me over a month before I could actually post anything, so I know how it is. I am currently having my first blog anniversary party with a nice giveaway. Stop by and enter if you have time. Also thank you for introducing yourself and following. I have been busy with work, but always try to get around to visit when I can. Take care and nice to meet you.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are really racking up the buddies that want to see you blog.

    Pick a theme, or just talk about your day. We are here to support you.

    Stop by my blog when you get a chance. I would love to see more of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to Blogland. I added my name as a follower : ) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Special thanks to Kimberly and Linda for joining! That is so nice of the both of you! I will be visiting your blogs right now!
    Many thanks,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to blogging! Susan inspired me too -- I started March last year -- looking forward to seeing pictures of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gloria...thanks so much for those wonderfully kind words this evening! You are a doll! Look at all the comments on this post! Your fan await! :-)
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your kind words on my post, you are a doll!!
    Keep blogging :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gloria, this is Gloria...ha ha!! thanks for coming by and I added you to my follow list with a name like Gloria what's not to like ha ha!! May you have a Great Sunday my new found friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Gloria! Welcome to the blogoshere. I love the name of your blog.
    And thanks for stopping by mine!
    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Gloria, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your really sweet comment. I meant to write in that I waited till the kids AND the husband were sleeping before I even started the lampshade :)

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Gloria,

    Please do post some photos! I'd love to see your kitchen stuff, especially because we seem to be drawn to the same colors! Thanks again for all your encouraging comments.
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  23. A big hello from Australia! I found you from your comment on Sandy's blog "My Shabby Streamside Studio" - I'm following you because I want to see more of your litte house!

    My blog is mostly about my miniature projects but I do also have some posts about my little cottage in New Zealand (archived under the label'Real World Cottage') - I follow Sandy because I just adore her little studio - for me it's a dollhouse that just 'grew' ;) Anyway, big or small, I love cottages and am looking forward to seeing something of your little place.

    I also want to say that I echo Julie Harward's comment about being 'yourself' on your blog, I follow a HUGE number of 'decor' blogs (in several different languages, some of them the 'big' ones) for inspiration both for my miniature projects and the 'real world' cottage but it's the 'individual' blogs that I love for themselves and appreciate the way the personalities of the bloggers come across. So, good luck with your blog - I'm sure you will enjoy the experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Gloria, thank you so much for visiting my blog and introducing yourself. Welcome to the bloggasphere! I agree with all those who say it is addictive. You will find in no time at all you have made new blog-pals from all over the world. It is so exciting when people take the trouble to leave comments - and follow your blog. So best of luck.

    Of course being part Irish you will find the 'gift of the gab' a real advantage!! Best wishes from Ireland, Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh no!! Why'd you stop at two posts?? Come on, Gloria, you know we want to hear what you have to say. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Gloria!

    I'm so glad you dropped by to visit me, and I look forward to reading posts from you! Thank you, too, for your prayers on the sale of our house. We still haven't heard anything because the couple is trying to buy a business first. But I hope it all works out, and I'm trusting God to bring the right buyers. :-)

    I'm signing up as a follower on your blog, and I hope you'll do the same. I don't keep my followers list on my sidebar, but you can follow by being signed into your account and then clicking on the follow gizmo up on the top header bar. It's over to the left.

    Sending you warm hugs...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for such kindness, your comments always make me smile
    xoxo
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. It really made me feel so good. I'm looking forward to you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi. I saw your comment on my post and was very flattered, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for the sweet compliment on my son, Danny. I appreciate that.
    Where are you...? Please come and join us!!
    hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for checking out my red door. I wasn't sure I would love it, but I do. I'm always up for something different.
    Come back and visit any time. I can't say that it will be nice and tidy, but I do always have on a pot of coffee and tea in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your comments on my yellow door and my draperies were just so kind but also just flat out fun. I can tell you are a girl with a sense of humor so humor us with some more posts.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for visiting my blog. I just started too. My sister got me into it. It is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for stopping by Gloria. I would love to see your red house with a white porch.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful pic....and I'm still following (sunflowers). Linda

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, Gloria, and welcome! I'm so glad you came by to visit. And don't you just love Susan? She's one of my favorite bloggers! Hope you will come back and visit again. Would love that!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!