~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Great recipes at Hellmann's! (Best Foods in the West)

Greetings! I just visited another blog, and saw that the blogger had her sister's Potato Salad recipe featured. And it was the same one I use: The Hellmann's Classic Potato Salad Recipe! Did any of you ever try Hellmann's/Best Foods recipe for classic potato salad or classic macaroni salad? They used to have the recipes printed on the jars years ago when I was in my 20's (Hey, wait a minute! I'm not THAT old!!) But let me tell you, these are the BEST recipes. I wanted to post on this because they have TONS more recipes on their website that you might want to check out. http://www.hellmanns.com/

The recipe I use is the "Classic Potato Salad" -- I do not, however, add the hard boiled eggs, or the pickle relish. I like it plain. But, of course, add it if this is what YOU like! PLUS, MOST IMPORTANTLY, you have to borrow from Hellmann's Classic Macaroni Salad recipe and add in a tablespoon of mustard! The mustard that I usually use is: Kosciusko Mustard. They describe it as "spicy mustard" but it is NOT that spicy, trust me. It is something that was sold in my neighborhood back in Brooklyn, New York years ago that my Mom always bought, but now they even have it in Connecticut! Or, use any of YOUR favorite mustard. It really make a difference, as does the little bit of sugar you add also (you will see this in the recipe). If any of you try the Hellmanns/Best Foods potato salad recipe, or even the "Kosciusko mustard" on a hot dog (or as we used to call a hot dog in New York: a "frankfurter" -- does anyone else but me still call it that??) , or any other recipes of theirs, please come back and tell me! Thanks!





Best regards, (and Best Foods!) -- http://www.hellmanns.com/

Gloria :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria...yes, of course I remember you. :) And yes, I do remember you spoke about my son, now that I mention it. Irishmen all have a similar look...nose most notedly sometimes. :) I have seven tip tilted nose children. :) Not children any more.

    The potato salad sound wonderful.
    The eldest son and his wife own a bakery and they make fantastic potato salad. I am one that adds the pickles (not relish) and the eggs...and of course the tad of mustard. Sounds wonderful doesn't it. Summer...what a time!
    Hugs,
    Mona..
    Thanks so much for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear sweet friend Gloria! Oh how I look forward to your wonderful comments - they are so uplifting, just what I love about blogging. Now, I am going to a friends today to swim in her pool and need to bring a side dish - this recipe sounds perfect! Thank you dear!
    Stay cool.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'eve Gloria ~I love Hellman's recipes!... best part of summer!
    Have a lovely weekend ~
    TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to YOU!

    Happy Birthday to YOU!

    Happy Birthday, Dear Gloria...

    Happy Birthday to YOU!

    Sending you much love and great big hugs on your birthday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!