~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Feeling Old... That's what she said


"That's what she said. "

Have you heard this going around? I was watching Big Brother when the show was still on for the season (it ended on Sept 15th - Hayden won - but I wanted Lane to win) and they were talking about "that's what she said." Apparently, it's some thing that one says after somebody says something, after somebody tells a story or whatever. But THEN, I googled it and it said that it is 'used to add naughty innuendo into a conversation.' (I won't go into THAT here, or give an example, please google it yourself!)Then I was looking online at Urban Outfitters (I love them, by the way) and they had something for sale with that phrase on it (see photo above). I said to myself, "How long is this around? What am I missing? When did I miss it? Where did this come from?" So I yelled into my 19 year old son in his room: "Did you ever hear about people saying "that's what she said?" And he yelled back: "Yeah, and I hate that, it's so annoying!" So, apparently 'the young people' know all about it. And that's when I feel OLD... I mean, I used to know about this stuff!! Man, I am SO glad that I watched the VMA's on MTV last Sunday, and also watched "World of Jenks." I have to try to keep up! It makes me feel less old and more "in the loop." (Which shows you how old I really am: who uses the phrase "in the loop" anymore??)
But I am STILL going to try to stay YOUNG!!!!!!

Well, please excuse me, I have to go lie down now and take a nap. First I have to take a pill for my arthritic knee...

Best,
Gloria

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit -- no, I never heard that one either. Guess we're both ready for "The old folks home!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That's what she said"...say what?!? Can't say I've ever heard that one before...and yes, in some people's eyes I may be considered old, but I don't feel old (today)...what I've always done is say what I want to say and not what everyone else says! Now that's crack-a-lackin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is little point with trying to keep up with slang, but I remember that saying. And your son is right - it is annoying. :) You can be young lots of ways that don't involve having to watch VMAs. LOL. BTW, I totally don't want to go back to writing my paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard that expression. I don't watch much TV though. And if I do, it's just to flip channels constantly.
    Thanks for all the sweet comments you left on my blog!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I am out of the loop too cause I do not know that slang. But then again, I have an excuse cause I am a Filipina, lol...Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!