I am wishing Happy Birthday to Gary, but it is a sad day... Gary would have been 29 years old today, September 29th. He was Veronica and George's youngest son. He passed away when he was only 16 years old. Veronica is my cousin -- when she was little and my mother was not married yet, my mother and Veronica were so close. Veronica always called my Mom her second mother. And then when I was born, Veronica was a big part of my life as well. She was always over our house and always a part of our lives, no matter where we went or what family parties we had. Veronica met George, got married and had three great boys. I was always close to her kids, going over her house to visit and to babysit when the boys were little. Gary was the sweetest little kid - he had blonde hair and blue eyes. He was so cute! When he was very little, about three or four, he loved karate and wearing his little white karate suit. It is a nice memory that I always think of. Here he is as a little boy,he was probably around 10 years old (and that's my son as a baby).We all miss Gary today on his birthday. Veronica's two older sons miss their younger brother VERY MUCH. My son and I miss Gary so much. And Veronica and George are still heartbroken. But Veronica honors Gary each year on his birthday. It is a hard day for her and my heart goes out to her. Whomever is reading this, if you could say a little prayer for Veronica and her family today, for their peace of mind, it would be greatly appreciated.
Gary, we are lovingly thinking of you on your birthday today... You will always be missed...

Gloria
I had a neighbor who was an old sweet irish lady who just passed a few months ago. In her lifetime she saw much sorrow. She lost of a son, and a short time later after the loss of her son, her sister was murdered. I asked her one day how she got through it. She smiled and said her faith, without it all was lossed. She also told when it was her time she knew she would reunite with her son, husband and sister and all the loved one she had lost. She said yes there was pain in her everyday living but there was also joy in the people who were still here. I will pray for Veronica and her family. Paulette
ReplyDeleteWow, that is so young! I just said a little prayer for them.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many terrible things that can happen to us in our lifetime, but losing a child is definitely the worst! My heart goes out to you and your family...but please realize that Gary is now soaring with the angels...not a bad gig if you can get it!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine losing a child at any age, let alone 16. Just awful. Sending hugs and prayers.
ReplyDeleteAll we can do is be thankful that God allowed these special angels into our lives no matter how short the time we get to spend with them. I'm sure Gary brought a lifetime of happiness to anyone who remembers him on this and everyday. Happy Birthday Angel Gary!
ReplyDeleteCaroline
Oh Gloria you know I will be praying for your cousin and her family...what a lost..I don't know how strong I could be if I lost one of my children...But girl when my brother died I watched my poor mama just shut down and she kept saying your children are not suppose to die before you...Give your cousin a BIG ole cyber hug from me...Love the other Gl♥ria
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with Veronica and George on this very difficult day. Your tribute to Gary was very touching Gloria. It's obvious Gary was a blessing to all who knew him.
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kim
So very hard to lose someone so young, my cousin lost her son to cancer shortly before his third birthday...so I understand the sadness each more birthday they could have had brings. My thoughts are with you, your cousin and her family.
ReplyDeleteGloria, I just said a prayer for Veronica and her family. This has got to be such a tough day for her. We lost my first cousin when he was only 19, and it was so hard. God bless all the parents who have lost a beloved child. What a special tribute to him you've written!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila :-)
Happy birthday, Gary. Gloria, what a lovely post. You have truly honored Gary with your words and description of what he was like and how you remember him. I pray that Veronica and George will find peace in knowing that Gary is now in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. They can look forward to a reunion with Gary in Heaven someday. In the meantime, I pray that our Lord give them strength and renewed faith to continue putting one foot in front of the other each and every day. Thank you for sharing his birthday with us, Gloria!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely tribute to Gary! My thoughts and prayers are with Veronica and George, and your entire family. :)
ReplyDeletePraying for Gary's family!
ReplyDeleteOh Goodness my heart is aching as I read this post. Happy Birthday Gary, you are in heaven with God and all the angels. I will pray for the entire family today Gloria. I love my sons so much and that is my greatest fear in the world, God Bless
ReplyDeleteLove
Bunny
This is so heartbreaking, Gloria. I don't think there is anything worse than losing a child. I just said a prayer for them. Happy birthday to Gary. They are probably celebrating in heaven. Christine
ReplyDelete