~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Friday, December 31, 2010

2011!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!


I don't know about you, but can you believe it is the year 2011? I still remember when it turned from 1999 to 2ooo - which, seriously, it seemed like WHAT, a few years ago? But, NO, it was a long time ago... Man, I guess I'm getting old!


I did want to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am 'borrowing' some nice photos from the Internet -- Times Square at New Year's Eve. Although I am a born-and-bred Brooklyn, New Yorker, I was only there ONCE at Times Square for New Year's Eve when I was about 20... It was a madhouse, but I will admit that it WAS very exciting to be here. I think it's the fact that one could say they were there to experience it, and that it was a unique experience!

So although I did NOT take these photos, I hope you enjoy them... and think of our beloved DICK CLARK and all the years at Times Square when he "rang in" the New Year with us on TV!





My best to everyone, and good health, happiness, blessings, and all good wishes to everyone, for 2011 --



Please note: Photos courtesy of Google Search/Internet

20 comments:

  1. Happy and healthy new year! I've been at Times Square a few times, but not in the last three decades. This year will have dinner with friends in the neighborhood and watch the ball drop on television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Gloria! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Gloria! Hope it's wonderful for you. You deserve it!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year From Southern California.

    Don't forget to watch the 122nd Rose Parade on New Year's Day coming from Pasadena, California...only 30 miles from The Old Geezer's home :-)

    No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. ~Henry Ward Beecher

    May God Bless and Protect You in the Year to Come. ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best to you too, dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gloria,

    Happy New Year! I hope that it is the best year ever, that you learn much and get a lot done. And that funds flow your way, preferably before you even need them.

    Take care,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post! Happy 2011 to you! Hoping to "visit" more often in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a wonderful 2011! Wow! That sounds so strange, and like you, I can't believe it! Where have all of the years gone. I love seeing Times Square on NYE on the television, and your photos are great. Don't think I'd want to be in that crowed though (probably would have when I was 20)! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there Gloria, Have a Happy New Year. I never got to Times Square and now I dont really want to go. Too many people, lol... My idea of fun now is soaking in a hot tub under the stars on a cool nite with hubby, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gloria...Mel's Cabin here...
    I used to live in Simsbury, CT as a child. Quaint little town back then. I could ride my bike to the little PO. We had a box at the PO. Look out Mt was behind our house...what a view that was! Thanks for posting on my blog!
    Take Care,
    Mel's Cabin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Gloria,
    Thank you for visiting today. I had to come over and look at your blog and check out your Red house with the white porch! It's beautiful! I'm following you back!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. gloria, thank you for your sweet comment! all the best in 2011!

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. I'm stopping over from Domestic Bliss. I love the name of your blog and had to come visit. I've enjoyed my visit, and now I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Gloria, for stopping by and visiting me! Have a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Gloria,..."YES" I love "American Pickers"!I watch every week...and it's kinda like that going to sisters & BIL's...They have been collector's for about 40 years...I'm lookn' forward to going back over and re-do another piece....Thanks for dropping be LazyonLoblolly.
    Your comment's are much desired.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are getting old, aren't we, Gloria. The older we get, the years go by faster. I remember when I was small when I couldn't wait for my birthday to come, well that was eons ago, lol! Happy New Year, Gloria!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Sweetie!!
    May God Bless you with a year of joy and great health!!
    Love
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for all your sweet visits in 2010 -- looking foward to more fun together in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gloria, thanks for coming by--and a very healthy, happy New Year to you and yours! I hope 2011 goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes those were pictures of the plate racks I want to build as amatter of fact I am almost done. I am building mone into a wall unit that in my eatin area

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!