
Today, we honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
In 1963, Dr. King delivered his famous "I have a dream..." speech.
Here is a short excerpt below, in addition to some photos to honor Dr. King on his day.

A short passage from Dr. King's most famous speech:
Dr. King and his lovely family:





beautiful post~
ReplyDeleteMay this wonderful man's legacy live on forever and fill our souls and hearts with love and determination to make a difference in the world. Lovely post Gloria
ReplyDeleteLove
Bunny
PS, I posted the complete recipe its on my blog...I hope you like it and yes it does say to temper the eggs...
Good morning Gloria, I love your post! MLK was such a wonderful man. I remember reading his Letter from a Birmingham jail . . . so touching.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely comments on my blog this morning! I hope you enjoy the chowdah! Have a great day!
What a great post! He certainly was a remarkable man.
ReplyDeleteJane
frugalfineliving.com
Great post, Gloria! Your son's pics of Martha'a Vineyard are great! I've never been to the east coast that far north. From NC to Florida, yes. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria, Thanks for stopping by. Great post on MLK. I remember well the dark days after his assasination. He was an inspiration. Looking forward to following your blog.
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this. It is such a great remembrance of such a great man. I love all the different photos that you chose.
Have a wonderful week!
Kathy
Hi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteWonderful post on a remarkable life. So glad you stopped by my blog this morning. Nice to have you visit.
What a great post, Gloria. When did you post this??? You always sneak them in on me!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sheila :-)
Hi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteGreat post on MLK, jr.
Some people are born to make a difference, and MLK was one of them.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed your post. Stay warm and cozy and hope the snow isn't too deep in CT.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post!
ReplyDeleteGloria, I'm back, and I remembered what I wanted to tell you! AH has a post up today. I knew you'd be excited and would want to race right over to read it!
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Gloria, thanks for posting some great photos in remembrance of Dr. King. I remember all to well some of those sad times in our nations history. I was 17 when John Kennedy was assassinated and I was 22 the year Dr. King and Robert Kennedy were killed. Sad days indeed :-(
ReplyDelete~Ron
Dear Gloria,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. Happy (belated) MLK day!
I also want to tell you how much I appreciate your comment when I (should I say, my computer) was away.
I am now back :)
Gloria, this is a beautiful tribute to a great man. laurie
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria, thank you for your comment on my blog, lovely to meet you. I am looking forward to looking around your blog :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Hope your snow has gone away or at least melted a little. It rained here most of the day yesterday so it's pretty much just green grass for now. More snow coming tomorrow though.
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I read your profile and I just wanted to tell you my father's family is from Brooklyn and my grandfather was from CT before that. I can't wait to look around your blog some more!
Sheila
I was just thinking of this speech tonight. He had such a beautiful dream. God works in mysterious ways for so much of his dream has come true. I wonder how many of our dreams would come true if we listened closely to the good inside of us.
ReplyDelete