~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crack Baby Cocktail

Greetings! I finally made the Crack Baby Cocktail that was served at the Royal Wedding's evening reception! First I will say: the drink WAS strong, I felt it after a few sips. And if one would ask me to describe the taste, it is difficult to describe! Surprisingly, it was not a very sweet drink -- it was actually on the side of bitter... I know that sounds odd, but it really was a sweet/bitter type cocktail. I think those who do not like sweet drinks would enjoy it. I will give the ingredients below, along with the measurements I used.

Crack Baby Cocktail:

2 oz. Vodka
2 oz. Passionfruit Juice
1/2 oz. Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
1 1/2 oz. Champagne

(Note: 2 oz. of liquid = 2 of my small-size jigger for alcohol)

Everything was cold (and I couldn't find my shaker!), so I just poured the ingredients in the glass, and stirred... One thing I LOVED was the color! Here are the ingredients I used:


This was the only Passionfruit Juice I found... I don't know if "Acai" Passionfruit made a difference...


I just bought a split of Piper Heidsieck champagne, I knew I wouldn't be finishing a whole bottle. This little split was expensive, but I purchased this brand only because of "good memories" of my father -- always getting Piper Heidsieck for his and my Mom's Anniversary or for holidays. When they had people over to celebrate when I was little, I always remember my father buying this brand because my mother liked it. I also bought BRUT (which is pretty dry) which is what my father always purchased, but I think the next time I would get an Extra Dry champagne, which would make the drink a little sweeter; or I might even try it with an Asti Spumante or Prosecco (the Italian sparkling/fizzy type wine).


And the vodka I purchased was ROKK -- from Sweden. I had not heard of it before, but it was reasonable in price, so I bought it. ;)


And last, but not least, the Chambord. This, I will admit, is pretty expensive for a little bottle. I think this one was about $21.


Isn't the top of it pretty though? I do remember, however, that years ago there used to be a little 'crown' at the top.



So that's all of the ingredients!




AND HERE IS HOW IT LOOKS!




I liked the way the lighting in this photo came out!








Then I decided to replace the "Passionfruit" juice with Pineapple Juice... Well, it didn't taste as good to me, it was 'heavier' and the drink was cloudy (due to the heavier, thicker pineapple juice, I presume). Here's the shot of it... As you can see, it looks darker, cloudier/less clear and sharp looking:









So that's it!! I hope you all enjoyed having a "virtual" Crack Baby Cocktail with me!

Thanks for visiting.



Best,

Gloria

23 comments:

  1. oh wow, i absolutely love the color of the crack baby cocktail you made so gorgeous and the lighting in the photos made it more gorgeous! i'm not sure abt the taste though as i'd prefer my drink sweeter (hubby always complains that i shouldnt drink alcohol if i'm looking for sweet taste) but i love cider and some wines and champagnes are sweeter too hehe, the chambord bottle is so pretty! but yes that is expensive hehehe, do u like the taste of the piper heidsieck champagne? memories are wonderful thing isnt it? x Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria! Well, it's a very pretty drink. I'd probably pass out from the smell! I just can't drink strong things! :) You know I'm just so delicate and all! :)
    Thanks for popping in and have a great weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA I have the next recipe for you! Skittles infused vodka! I think that's whats in the skittles martinis I love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok ha! found the recipe...though I;m curious about the skittles vodka now....

    Skittles Martini
    apple pucker, watermelon pucker, malibu, stoli strasberi, white grape juice, cranberry juice

    I think it tastes like a snow cone LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Gloria, it looks yummy and pretty. Man, this little experiment cost more than painting a whole room, lol.

    Thanks so much for sharing this with us ... it is a really cool post and I've never seen anybody do one like it yet.

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty drink. Question to you, would you make it again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, Your photos are just wonderful and the color of your crack baby cocktail is so pretty. Did you feel "Royal" drinking it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fiercesome and absolutely delicious. You can count me in :-). I'm so glad you came to visit. I hope to hear from you often. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. In answer to Pixie: I don't think I could AFFORD to make the Skittles Cocktail, as Kathy/OregeonGifts noticed and said that this Crack Baby one was expensive! LOL! -- and in answer to Anne: Yes, I would make this again, it was interesting tasting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria,

    You're the sweetest person! Thank you so much for your words, my friend. It means so much to me. It's so beautiful how much you love yous son. You're always talking about him and it's inspiring.

    Have a great week!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    PS: Can't try this, just yet! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gloria ~ First off the drink is very pretty, classy looking if you will. However that's alot of booze in one glass. :) I do like sweeter drinks so will that be one lump or two? :D
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day,
    Rosemary...XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloria,beautiful bottles and lovely color,but I have to pass on the alcohol!...on the wagon!teehehe!

    Thank you so much for visiting Lazy on Loblolly,your a sweetheart,we had fun with little shelf project.
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  13. That makes a beautiful color. The bottles are so cool. That makes for a very expensive drink. I guess that's what makes it "royal". Thanks for sharing.

    I like the picture of you and your son. It's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmm....this very well be my next thought of a cocktail. I love to try different fun things. Thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beautiful drink, however I'm not sure I could handle such a strong drink. I'm your newest follower, what a lovely blog you have. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gloria, the color is BEAUTIFUL!

    I am putting this into my recipe box for my next partay :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I love the name of this! Thank you for commenting, I'm following you now.

    The clip ons do work, they just get expensive buying the replacement things for them, if you find a good deal try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds great and I will definitely have to try it! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I'd love to have this pretty drink! My dear Gloria, thanks for this, I'm keeping this recipe for a ladies lunch, I think my friends would love it! Thank you for coming by and for your lovely and generous comments on our chinas...yeah, I miss designing them sometimes, although it was so stressful when we had to meet the due dates on them, as all was HAND MADE, from scratch! NO MOLDS and NO DECALS!!! Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh MY! That looks amazing. I would like one right this minute! Thank you for visiting Yummy Mummy so I could find you :) I'm now following you and hope you'll be back at Yummy Mummy soon.

    http://www.yummymummykitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you missed your calling. You would make such a fun bartender. I love everything in this drink and it just so pretty. You really should link it up to my Motivated Monday party tomorrow.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  22. The reason why it probably was very strong is due to the crack-baby originally being a shot, not a cocktail. As it in addition, was served at the royal wedding early hours. It is a shot that became a hit in London based night clubs; Boujis, Movida and Cuckoo as the "late-hour-pick-up". If you prefer it a bit smoother as a cocktail, try adding a silkier vodka then Rokk, and a pink champagne. /Mixologist from Boujis

    ReplyDelete
  23. To the Mixologist from Boujis: Thank you for visiting and for your tips on the Crack Baby cocktail!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!