~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Movie Review: RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES



If you have any plans to see a movie this Summer, RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES is the one to see. You are in for a treat, it was superb! The film will keep your interest every moment on the screen. I just read that it "conquered" the box office, making $54 million this debut weekend!


All of the actors do a fine job. The movie is set in San Francisco and involves Dr. Will Rodman (played by James Franco), who is a medical researcher/scientist for a large pharma research company called Gen~Sys. Will's boss, Steven Jacobs (played by David Oyelowo) is just interested in the business' bottom line: making money. John Lithgow also stars in the movie and does a great job as Will's father. The supporting actors did an outstanding job, each and every one of them! I REALLY don't want to tell you a lot about the movie. I didn't know a lot going in, and I am happy that I didn't. I think that makes the film all the more enjoyable.

Freida Pinto plays Caroline, Dr. Will Rodman's girlfriend (she is also the vet who takes care of Caesar):


The Gen~Sys boss, Steven Jacobs, played by David Oyelowo:




And here's one of "Caesar" -- British actor Andy Serkis did the motion-capture acting for the role of Caesar. This is the most amazing aspect of the whole film. It was fascinating to watch, and the fact that it was an actor that did the work for the motion capture of Caesar for this movie is a wonder!




All in all, this movie, with the special effects, was spectacular. I would love to see it again.

Oh, and two more things!

(1) If possible, try not to watch any trailers on this. The movie will be more enjoyable for you... you will be surprised at everything (because, unfortunately, they show a lot of the special effects in the trailer) and,

(2) When you THINK the movie is over, the screen goes blank, DO NOT GET UP! People started to leave and then in a few moments, there was ONE LAST SCENE. And it's an important one! So remember, stay until all the credits start to run.



Please let me know if any of you see it -- Enjoy!

Best,

Gloria

Note: Photos courtesy of Google Images.

15 comments:

  1. That's a great review! I'm glad you found a good movie. Those are rare! I'm doing great here. Hanging out in the 110 degrees. I think today was actually just 105? It felt cooler. LOL! How are things up north?

    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review, Gloria. I'll watch for it on Netflix...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria,

    That looks great! Thanks for the review. I am really looking forward to "Moneyball" about the Oakland A's baseball team starring Brad Pitt, when it comes out.

    Have a super week!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review...We don't go to the movies often but were thinking about seeing this one or Cowboys and Aliens. May have to see both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Gloria, Thank you for the review. It is often that the critics say how wonderful a movie is and then you see it and think, "were they watching the same movie?". Well, thank you for your visit to my blog. I do hope that you will visit again. I will look forward to it. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gloria, Thanks for the movie review. You inquired about my mini cheesecake recipe. You mix the whipped topping with the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Enjoy them.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gloria, what a super review. Thanks so much for all of the info. I definitely want to see this now. :-)

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Gloria. Getting to see in the trailer how some of the effects were done actually has me looking forward to seeing this! The brilliant Andy Serkis has turned motion-capture into a real art.

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gloria! :) It's me again! We have met before haven't we? :) Thanks again for forwarding my misbegotten letter.

    I am rethinking my plans to not see Planet of the Ape's. I usually don't go for science fiction..but this one sounds interesting. Thanks for the review. It always helps to gets someone elses opinion..I mean other than a grandchild!
    Hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh i enjoyed the planet of the apes movie so i'll definitely going to watch this! thanks for the info, Gloria...and thanks for the tips too...will stay till the credits hehe

    x susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey gloria,I haven't saw the rise of the planet of the apes,YET!,but me and hubby went to see the Aliens and Cowboys,it was so much fun.
    have a great weekend friend.
    ~JO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gloria, thanks for your sweet comment on our recent Country Woman publication. I hear this movie is spectacular. I have to take my boys to see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really??? I saw the trailer before and I didn't think it would be that cool, but now, reading your review makes me want to see it. We don't go to the theater usually (we don't have a babysitter), but I'll watch it when it comes out on video.

    I'm curious now. :-)

    By the ay, thank you so much for your sweet email yesterday. It was so nice to read your comment!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the commercials for that and want to see it. I thought the apes look very realistic. Not like the good old days of the original Planet Of The Apes movies where you could tell they were people dressed in monkey masks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This movie is supposed to be the prequel to the original 'Planet of the Apes'. I watched all the original Apes movies and even though they're hokey, I still enjoyed them. Looking forward to seeing this new one! We ALWAYS stay to the end of the credits (most times we're the only ones left in the theater)...but we've seen a lot of fun end of the end of the movie clips! Thanks for the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!