~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Friday, September 2, 2011

We made it through Hurricane Irene!

Thank you all for your comments in my previous post! You are all so nice and I appreciate it!
Well, I wanted to just do a short post to let you all know that my son and I are OK. We just got our power back late last night. Trust me, being without electricity for five days really STINKS.
I will be back in a day or so and post all the photos we took of the downed trees on the roads near us. My son and I were VERY LUCKY that there weren't any trees that came down on our property. Thank you, God.
Take care everyone and I will post soon, and I will start visiting all of YOU soon again too! I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend also.
Best,
Gloria

11 comments:

  1. Oh No! I'm glad you made it through five days of no electricity. And it's great that you didn't have any of the trees down in your yard. Now go cook yourself a good hot meal - no more junk food for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to heard that you and your son made it though the storm without harm. It was a very nervous time for us as our son and DIL live in Massachusetts. They were fine and we are thankful.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad u and ur son are okay! i've been watching CNN about it and i know how u feel living without electricity for 5 days! something like that often happened when i was in my country Indonesia and no water too, urghh..but anyway enjoy ur labor day! x susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news. Glad you are okay. Yes, being without power that long stinks. I have been there three times. We don't have water when the power is off and that is bad. You loose such much in food and all. So glad you have power.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know you're back in your house...we know all to well about disasters...My hubby was the disaster coordinator for The Salvation Army for 9 years in Nashville...after retiring...he's still going to disasters and headed to W. VA before Irene hit to join others volunteering...best of luck to you...Mel's Designs from the Cabin...Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear you two are ok. I didn't realize you were hit so bad. I am glad you made it through. I know we were without power 3 days. It was hot to say the least. At least there were cool nights and mornings here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just glad you're ok, Gloria. I heard your area got hit pretty hard. Isn't it something how dependent we all are on our electric grids?

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gloria,

    Oh, I am so relieved! I was pretty worried ... so happy that you guys and your home are okay.

    Hearts and Hugs,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you made it through and you are o.k.

    Love the new pics of your son; he looks so handsome (and happy too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Gloria,

    Thanks so much for checking in a while back. I've been on and off the blogland, so I'm playing catch up.

    I'm glad that you guys are safe and sound! Hang in there Gloria.

    xoxo

    *Starlet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!