Hello to all of you visiting here! I was supposed to do a post on food photos (as I mentioned in my previous post) but I saw something to remind me that I wanted to do a post on ABC's show: REVENGE for quite a while. Anyway, to continue! REVENGE: It's on Wednesday nights, at 9:00 PM (8/Central). Oh my word, this is the BEST SHOW. If you haven't seen it, try to catch up on it. It's a show that when the episode ends, you say to yourself: "Oh, that was SO good, I can't wait for next week." Please, trust me on this. Seriously, as the episode is ending, and you look at the clock and see the show has five minutes left, you say: "Oh man! This show is SO GOOD!" ...you don't want it to end. (And THAT usually, is the time when my son decides to walk into the house from being out, or walk out of his room after being in there for God knows how long, and wants to tell me a story, and I am a MEAN mother and I say: "God, WHY do you come in at the last five minutes of a show????!!!" Yes, I am a MEAN mother! Or maybe some of you also experience this?! It just always seems that he has some 'profound' thing to say five minutes before the end of ANY show! OK, yeah, I'm rotten. I guess I should listen to my son before a stupid show!)Anyway, to start out, before anyone is up in arms about my using photos without giving the source: All photos have been obtained from ABC: http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/revenge/photos Also: It will be easier for me to explain the show through an Overview, courtesy of Wikipedia:
Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) comes to the Hamptons for the summer, renting a home next to the Grayson family to enjoy a bright summer. However, it's clear Emily has been to the Hamptons before as a little girl. In reality, Emily is Amanda Clarke, whose father was framed for a crime he didn't commit and sent to prison for life. She was permanently separated from him and never saw him again. Now, she's returned to the Hamptons, intent on getting revenge against those who wronged her and her father, the top of that list being Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe), matriarch of the Grayson family and the woman who her father loved and who, in the end, betrayed him. As Emily sets her plan (for "REVENGE") in motion, Emily tries to navigate the upper society to destroy those who betrayed her father. But the further she goes, the more her emotions get involved and the more she questions her motives and the moves she makes.
Emily Thorne:
Victoria Grayson:
And my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE character is: Nolan Ross...
Per Wikipedia:Gabriel Mann as Nolan Ross, genius software inventor and Emily's ally in her plot for revenge due to his loyalty to her father.
Oh, good Lord, this actor, Gabriel Mann, is THE BEST. I cannot understand, for the life of me, why he is not more spoken about in the acting world. Well, maybe he IS, but I just miss it. But I DO think he deserves some Emmy or SOMETHING. He is a very talented actor. I LOVE him in the show and, if not for him, I truly don't think the show would be as great. He's supposed to be gay in the show, I don't know if he is in real life. I actually "googled" to see if he was gay or straight, and I was actually happy to see that he's kind of an enigma... I didn't really investigate far... the info given was questionable, as to whether he was gay or not. To me, that means he is a GREAT actor if one cannot tell. Don't you agree?? Plus, it really doesn't matter anyway. I guess I am just a curious fan. If he is gay, I love him; if he is straight, I love him; but he wouldn't want me anyway if he were straight... I think I'm too old for him. Well, I'm SURE I'm too old for him. BUT, if I weren't a little too old for him, I am SURE he would want to date me. ;)
Well, I hope you check out the ABC show, REVENGE. Again, it's on WEDNESDAYS at 10 PM (9 PM Central). If you don't see any of the first repeats on TV yet (I can say, for a fact, that the first show of the series has NOT been repeated on TV so far), you can always go on ABC.com and try to find it.
You can go here: http://abc.go.com/watch/revenge/SH55126554
or here: http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/revenge
And if any of you guys out there are a fan of REVENGE, please do let me know!!!!
Best,Gloria


I have not see the show but it sounds like a good one! I know, it's so annoying when someone wants to talk to right at the end of a show! Can't they just wait for 5 stinkin' minutes? lol I guess I'm a mean mom, too!
ReplyDeletenice post Gloria:))
ReplyDeleteMy husband watches this every week. He really llikes it as well.
ReplyDeleteI don't watch much television, but this sounds great. I'll try and see the next episode. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria,
ReplyDeleteI watch The show, on demand, while base coating my signs. Can't do it while I'm lettering because I can't watch the tv and letter at the same time...and the show is not one you can just listen to. From now on, I'll think of you everytime I tune in!
I've seen a few episodes and now I'm sort of lost. Maybe I need to catch up before I start watching again? And yes, I have no idea why my husband has to ask questions about the meaning of life when I'm obviously trying to finish a tv program. I've started recording some programs so I can pause and replay them.
ReplyDeleteDear Gloria, I watch this show too! It is a good show. I agree. I am sure that your great post will convince others to tune in.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind visits. Time seems to rush by and I do not get to visit all of my friends as often as I would like. Thank you for thinking of me. Blessings from your friend, Catherine xo
Hi Gloria, well thanks for telling us all about this show. I haven't heard of it yet, but now I will try to watch it for sure. Is it like the old days where they had nighttime soap shows like Dallas?
ReplyDeleteI remember doing that with my kids. Guess you can just put up the hand and say "Please hold that thought for just 5 more minutes!".
Thanks so much for stopping by to see me when I have been under the weather, and for sending me that great email with organization suggestions. I need to print that out so that I can go over it again. I'm starting to feel a bit better, but my jaw is very sore. Oh, well.
Have a great week my friend,
Kathy M.
Thanks, Gloria. When AJ visits us in Natchez, the 2 of us have tea by the pool and she enjoys it so I thought I would surprise her here after school. Thanks for the heads up on Revenge. I will have to wait for the season to end and buy the DVD....Christine
ReplyDeleteSo you are tepid in your approval of this show :-). You've convinced me to dial in. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria, I have pinned so many of your posts! I adore your little red house and have been reading and reading your blog this morning. Come visit me in Arkansas at http://grannymountain.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteJoy C.
You are so kind, Joy! I'm not sure what you mean that you've pinned so many of my posts though! I will be sure to come by today to visit you!
DeleteBest,
Gloria
Love your comment about someone coming to tell you some looooong usually boring story while you pretend to listen but are really trying to catch any smidgen of a sentence from whatever show you are watching. My favorite is when someone listens to half of a news story starts ranting and raving in anger. All the while they misunderstood the story because they didn't listen to the other half. Hope you are doing well. Don't forget to get started on your dollhouse so we can become ruthless dollhouse competitors!
ReplyDeletehugs
Caroline