~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

FUN! A quiz for you!!


Greetings! My very first blogging buddy, Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, has a great post today! I woke up really early and was delighted to see her post -- it was a fun Quiz! So I left a comment for her giving my answers, and included in my comment that I would do a post on it too. (Check hers out!! Click on her name above to see -- BUT, please finish reading THIS post first because I want to see your answers to the quiz!)
Note: 'Quiz' image at right courtesy of www.crustysocks.com

OK, here's the questions/my answers...
And then see below that... please copy the blank questions and then paste them in my comments section and then fill in YOUR answers! Can't wait to hear them! :)
Isn't this fun?! Thanks for the idea, Susan!
Oh, and you will see that there's a "Southern Theme" here some of with the questions, since this was Susan's idea and she is indeed in the South! ;)

Gloria's Answers:
1. Favorite Cocktail: Seagrams 7 and Coke
2. Favorite Getaway: Martha's Vineyard or NYC/Midtown
3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Vivien Leigh (actress)
4. Daydream of the moment:? Doing a tablescape one day ;)
5. Your personality in one word? Difficult
6. Are you more garden or gun? Gun!
7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (by Elton John)
8. What are you reading? The Wedding (by Dorothy West)
9. What do you want to do when you grow up? Sadly, I still don't know...
10. What is your greatest extravagance? Guilty Pleasure? Cigarettes
11. Favorite Southern Food? Mac & Cheese
12. Most treasured possession? Two little Gien plates my son bought me when he went on a school trip to Canada when he was in middle school, he used his 'spending money' on me, instead of himself
13. Favorite Southern name? Scarlett
14. What talent would you most like to have? The talent of being a patient, calm person
15. What's your current state of mind? Paranoia

OK, it's your turn! Please copy and paste this into "leaving a comment" below and fill in YOUR answers!!

1. Favorite Cocktail:
2. Favorite Getaway:
3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
4. Daydream of the moment:?
5. Your personality in one word?
6. Are you more garden or gun? .
7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you?
8. What are you reading?
9. What do you want to do when you grow up?
10. What is your greatest extravagance? Guilty Pleasure?
11. Favorite Southern Food?
12. Most treasured possession?
13. Favorite Southern name?
14. What talent would you most like to have?
15. What's your current state of mind?

Looking forward to reading your answers!

Best,
Gloria

15 comments:

  1. Hi my friend, here is so grey...it's raining all day.My boyfriend is in Chicago until next Sunday.I'm so alone!I would have to go with him,but is very expensive and he is for a course organized by Company he works for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi honey. Ok, I answer Susan's, so much fun! I love yours, except, I don't think you're difficult, I very much doubt it!! Have a terrific week my friend. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Favorite Cocktail:virgin strawberry daqurie
    2. Favorite Getaway:Boston
    3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? my blogger friends
    4. Daydream of the moment:? building an art shed
    5. Your personality in one word? redheaded
    6. Are you more garden or gun? .garden
    7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? I'd want to sneak my Ipod with me, I love all types of music
    8. What are you reading? a children's book written by AVI
    9. What do you want to do when you grow up? hmmm like you, do i have to grow up?
    10. What is your greatest extravagance? Guilty Pleasure? Grater's icecream
    11. Favorite Southern Food? biscuits and gravy
    12. Most treasured possession? my childhood teddy bear
    13. Favorite Southern name? Beau
    14. What talent would you most like to have? to play the violin
    15. What's your current state of mind? relaxed but tired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I'm so happy to see someone participate! Thank you and LOVE your answers. (and you SHOULD build an art shed, you do lovely work! And you're right... man, wouldn't knowing how to play the violin be great??)
      gv

      Delete
  4. 1. Favorite Cocktail: Was a Tequila shot with a beer chaser with lime
    2. Favorite Getaway: Providencetown
    3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Gary Zukavo (author)
    4. Daydream of the moment:? To buy and RV to tour the country with my book
    5. Your personality in one word?reflective
    6. Are you more garden or gun? .Garden
    7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? Poems prayers and promises (John Denver)
    8. What are you reading? Gods Guest List (Debbie Macomber)
    9. What do you want to do when you grow up?Afull time author
    10. What is your greatest extravagance? Guilty Pleasure?Cigarettes
    11. Favorite Southern Food? Collard greens
    12. Most treasured possession? A ring given to me by a precious friend that has Dream love believe inscribed around it.
    13. Favorite Southern name? Johnny-Sue
    14. What talent would you most like to have? Painting (can't draw stick people with a ruler)
    15. What's your current state of mind? inquisitive.

    Boy was that fun thanks Gloria to you and your friend Have an awesome day.<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a good sport and participating, Patricia!
      gv

      Delete
  5. Hey, Gloria, that was so fun to see your answers and to learn more about you! I wouldn't have thought of you as difficult.

    I loved the sweet story about the plates too.

    Hugs,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gloria! Oh, it was fun reading all about you! Now, you difficult? Now way! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Favorite Cocktail: Bellini
    2. Favorite Getaway: Orcas Island
    3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Steven Hawkings
    4. Daydream of the moment:? Winning the lottery
    5. Your personality in one word? Upbeat
    6. Are you more garden or gun? . Garden
    7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? Van Morrison Into the Mystic
    8. What are you reading?The Sorcerer's Apprentices (El Bulli)
    9. What do you want to do when you grow up? A food critic
    10. What is your greatest extravagance? Guilty Pleasure? Cookbooks
    11. Favorite Southern Food? Country Captain
    12. Most treasured possession? Reproduction Chinese antiquity sculptures
    13. Favorite Southern name? Magnolia
    14. What talent would you most like to have? Voice
    15. What's your current state of mind? Tranquil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I got another customer! ;)
      And I agree with number 4... that IS a nice daydream. And hmmmm... I have to investigate what "Country Captain" is!
      gv

      Delete
  8. Yay! What a fun game! :)

    1. Favorite Cocktail: Shirley Temple ;)
    2. Favorite Getaway: Any place where there's a beach!!!
    3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Hmmm...I guess Woody Allen or Martin Scorsese
    4. Daydream of the moment: Having one of my books turned into a movie!
    5. Your personality in one word: Quiet
    6. Are you more garden or gun? Depends on my mood.
    7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? El Camino by the Black Keys...or the Ultimate Santana
    8. What are you reading? The Hunger Games
    9. What do you want to do when you grow up? I want to be a novelist/screenwriter
    10. What is your greatest extravagance? Guilty Pleasure? NUTELLA
    11. Favorite Southern Food? Fried Chicken
    12. Most treasured possession? ...my computer...and my phone.
    13. Favorite Southern name? My favorite name isn't southern...I don't think.
    14. What talent would you most like to have? The ability to clean my room with the twitch of my nose ;)
    15. What's your current state of mind? Confused O_o

    ...Soooo did I pass the test?! Haha see you around Pinterest, Gloria!!

    xoxo,
    Tammy <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You passed with flying colors, thanks for participating, Tammy! ;)
    Yes, I'll see you on Pinterst, we will both be pinning Nutella recipes! LOL!
    gv

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Gloria! I'll see what I can do about answering these questions.
    1. Favorite Cocktail: Marguerita
    2. Favorite Getaway: Where ever my granddaughter is! Or Hawaii.
    3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? This is always a hard one. Right now, I think I'd like to meet George Washington.
    4. Daydream of the moment:? Turning my house into a home.
    5. Your personality in one word? ding dong
    6. Are you more garden or gun? Garden,but I wouldn't mind being a gun.
    7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? I could listen to Michael Buble from here to CA and back and not get tired of it.
    8. What are you reading? "Be the People" by Carol M. Swain. Next on the list is "Being George Washington" by Glenn Beck
    9. What do you want to do when you grow up? Be a bakery chef and make amazing desserts!
    10. What is your greatest extravagance? Guilty Pleasure? Chocolate!!
    11. Favorite Southern Food? Fried chicken
    12. Most treasured possession? My Bible
    13. Favorite Southern name? I'm with you, I like Scarlett.
    14. What talent would you most like to have? To remember facts and speak intelligently.
    15. What's your current state of mind? Discombobulated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK. I HOPE that my comment is waiting for approval, because it just disappeared. I've got to stop visiting through email, leaving comments, and then signing up through google. I always do things backwards! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to learn more about you, Gloria. But I disagree about you being difficult.

    1. Favorite Cocktail: mango margarita
    2. Favorite Getaway: Paris
    3. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Keith Urban
    4. Daydream of the moment:? that I am done preparing our income tax return
    5. Your personality in one word? Shy
    6. Are you more garden or gun? definitely garden
    7. If you were road-tripping, what's the one album you'd take with you? George Strait's Golden hits
    8. What are you reading? Veranda magazine
    9. What do you want to do when you grow up? I think I already grew up, lol
    10. What is your greatest extravagance? Buying expensive jewelry Guilty Pleasure? more Shopping
    11. Favorite Southern Food? seafood gumbo and crawfish
    12. Most treasured possession? my jade urn
    13. Favorite Southern name? Cassandra
    14. What talent would you most like to have? refinishing furniture
    15. What's your current state of mind? relaxed and contented

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!