Dear All: I hope you all have been well! I am doing this post because GODIVA Chocolates is celebrating women who go the extra mile to support their communities through the Lady GODIVA Program.I just helped my favorite semi-finalist get one step closer to winning a $1000 grant by voting for her as my Local Lady GODIVA. Will you vote too?
http://the.ladygodivaprogram.com/Sherri-Sarrouf
This is for the Summer Northeast section. Sherri Sarrouf is from Andover, MA. Sherri has inspired everyone through her unselfish hardwork and dedication to saving the lives of the children of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Since 1999, her passion, has led her Fitness for a Cure committee & charity to raise over 1.7 million,raising $350,000 at the 13th annual event in March 2012. She is an amazing woman and inspiration to me, especially. She truly deserves to be celebrated!
The Summer 2012 nominee with the most votes will receive a $1000 grant, and become a finalist in the running for a $10,000 grant.
You can vote once a day, so don't forget to come back and support this Local Lady GODIVA again tomorrow. I know I will! (There's only about 7 days left.)
Thanks for joining me in getting this woman the support and recognition she deserves.
On an entertaining note: Do you know the legend of Lady Godiva? It is quite interesting, and touching...
The Lad
y Godiva Legend In the 11th century, a woman of great generosity and beauty left an indelible impression upon the people of Coventry, England. Known for her lustrous hair and bountiful nature, she dedicated her life to the impoverished and stricken.
Her husband, Lord Leofric, was a powerful ruler and unsympathetic to the citizens of his kingdom. When he imposed a heavy burden of taxation upon his subjects, Lady Godiva protested. Lord Leofric set forth a challenge: If Lady Godiva rode naked through the streets, that taxation would be lifted.
Lady Godiva was the most modest of women but immediately agreed to this challenge to help her fellow townspeople. On the morning of the event, dawn rose, the clock rang through the cobbled streets and Lady Godiva prepared for her ride. The generosity of Lady Godiva led to more generosity on the part of the townspeople. The people agreed to all close their shutters to preserve Lady Godiva's modesty as she rode through the streets. As promised, Lady Godiva's velvet gown dropped to the ground and the ride began.
Throughout the streets, the sounds of hoaves echoed, but not a single glance flew her way.
Upon her finish, thunderous cheers erupted throughout the town. Lady Godiva had braved her modesty and convention to win the hearts of all who knew her. As promised, Lord Leofric eased his taxation of the poor and Lady Godiva's place in history was immortalized.
The legend of Lady Godiva has not diminished, but has grown and deepened. Centuries later, Joseph Draps, a master chocolatier, created a line of Belgian chocolates with extraordinary richness and style, a collection of passion and quality. He sought a name that embodied these timeless values balanced with modern boldness. His choice?
GODIVA.
Thank you if you can get the chance to vote! I'm sure Sherri and St. Jude's Hospital will greatly appreciate it if she wins.
Best,
Gloria
I'm off to vote Gloria. Sounds like a fabulous cause.
ReplyDeletep
I voted for Sherri at the Lady Godiva website.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lorraine
Hi Gloria! I'll vote. Lady Godiva's husband sounds like a jerk to me, all the way around. I never knew the whole story.
ReplyDeleteKathy M.