~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Friday, September 17, 2010

What Blogging Means To Me

Hello and Happy Friday. Today is the last SITS challenge in their "Back to Blogging Event" and to participate in winning the gorgeous Electrolux Washer and Dryer. This giveaway is being generously sponsored for SITS by Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and Florida Builder Appliances. Check out their beautiful websites!

Our task today is to write about why we blog, what purpose has it served us, and in what way have we benefitted from sharing a piece of ourselves online in this way...

To start with, I somehow (and I have no idea HOW!) found a blog by someone named Susan at Between Naps on the Porch. Well, when I saw this southern lady's beautiful porch, I almost fainted because of how beautifully and serenely decorated she has made her porch. It is a screened-in porch and it is so lovely. I am sure that most of you are Followers of Susan's and I am not telling you anything new! If you have NOT visited her blog, you must do yourself a favor and do so. Susan was so nice and encouraged me to start my own blog and she became my first Follower! I will never forget her kindness.

So that is the simple reason of WHY I started a blog, to just try something new. And the purpose it has served me? Well, I was laid off from my job, as many in our economy were, and this has helped me to keep up my computer skills and keep current with things. So this all sounds pretty unemotional, right?

But now, for sharing how blogging has benefitted me... Well, I never thought that I would meet such nice people. Specifically, I have met four people who I can honestly now consider friends. I would like to introduce them and, again, I am sure that some of you might know them! The first is my dear Sheila, Mrs. Magpie. Her blog The Quintessential Magpie, is just the best! She is very whimsical and loving and special. She has been a great friend and mentor. My second friend that I must mention is my cohort in laughter and that is Anne of Calamity Anne. She has the best sense of humor and her posts are the funniest! You must check her out. She has sat through many of my long-winded emails, with my telling her stories of this and that. My other colleague in humor is Jan at BobbiepinsBoardwalks. She also, like Anne, has the best sense of humor and it is reflected in her posts. I met Jan through Anne! And last, but certainly not least, is Gloria at Happy to Be. What a lovely lady! She is very warm and wonderful and always signs her emails to me: "the other Gloria" So cute!! :)

So having been able to meet these great women online is just the best surprise and blessing that has come out of blogging for me. I thank them for drawing me into their worlds, and I am very grateful for all of their friendships!

Have a great weekend,







(photo courtesy of google search)

9 comments:

  1. Gloria, you have named some of my very favorite people in Blogland in this touching post. I am honored to be mentioned in any post along with these lovely ladies...they are all wonderful, caring souls. :) But I can tell you why they are such sweet friends to you...it's because YOU are a sweetie and a great friend right back! :)
    XO
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...now you've got me all squishy inside!!! I can't tell you how glad I am that you "found" me...because of that selfless gesture, we have found great friendship in each other!

    I'm still keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for Thelma and Louise! Isn't it amazing how well I can type with my fingers and eyes crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria, have I told you today how much I love you??? Well, I do! Thank you, precious friend, for that great shout-out! You are one of my favorite friends, on or off the blog circuit, and I hope, hope, HOPE you win that washer and dryer. You go, girl!

    Thank you for your care and concern through Mr. Magpie's surgery and recuperation. You are an angel. Sending much love your way and on my way out the door to get lunch for Mr. Magpie!

    You're the best...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    P.S. My email address is not the same as my blog. Not sure why this does this, but it does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gloria how sweet you are. I love all of the women that you mentioned and follow each of their wonderful blogs. I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments about blogging as only someone who blogs can. You are one of my special friends here and I'm grateful every day for friendships like yours!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria.

    (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

    You know you are the dearest friend! You've been a rock for me during Mom's recent surgery. You've provided support, affection, many, many prayers, smiles, laughter, and never-ending friendship.

    If someone had ever said that a blog was a going to bring me so close to so many wonderful women, I would never had understood that. It doesn't really seem possible, but it's true. You're post is right on. Thank you for including me with these other accomplished and spirited women.

    It is truly MY pleasure to be your friend, Gloria!

    Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so true -- I've met the nicest people through blogging -- always an uplifting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a cute story of how you got started. And I love where your blog name came from. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gloria! Looks like your favorite bloggers are some of my favorites too....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria you are the sweetest Gloria I have met besides this Gloria ha ha!! Love ya girl...The other Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!