~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 2 - For Thelma and Louise

Greetings - this is Day 2 of the SITS Back to Blogging Event! I am completing the required task for my entry to win Thelma and Louise, the beautiful Electrolux turquoise washer and dryer, being given away by the SITS girls (The Secret is in the Sauce) and their sponsors for this event: Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and last, but not least, Florida Builder Appliances.

Our task today is to re-upload a post that you wish more people had paid attention to.

Well, since I just did it on Saturday, September 11th, and it is close by below, I will not repeat it all, but would ask you to either click HERE to go directly to the post (and here to read the 9/11 post with photos), or just scroll down a day and you will view it. The reason that I wish more people had paid attention specifically the the "addendum" I had posted, is that my friend's husband, Vinny, was quite affected by 9/11, since he was a NYC fireman on the scene. He shared with me that he wished that he could have done more for everyone there. I remember telling him that he was a true hero, because HE was there on the scene that day, while all of the rest of us were at home, helplessly watching this unfold on TV. So if I can get one more person to hear Vinny's story via this "Day 2 SITS task," then that would be wonderful!

Thank you for joining me today.
Best regards,
Gloria

5 comments:

  1. Your husband's friend is a true hero, I hope he knows that by now. Like most everybody else, I sat in front of the TV wishing I could do something but felt helpless. I went to the Red Cross and told them to call me if they need blood to be donated but no one called. I guess people died so they did not need blood. I hope you win Thelma and Louise, Gloria. Thanks for your kind comment....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless Vinny and all the other workers that responded that day!

    Stopping by from SITS. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two people are now aware of Vinny's story and I, too, consider him to be a brave hero. God seems to have served up a lot of courage in these wonderful men and women on that tragic day. You're a dear friend for sharing his story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Vinny's story. You chose a great post to refer back to. Vinny and many others were true heroes that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Message for Ashley: I can't find your blog! Thank you for your comment and for becoming a Follower. I hope I can visit your blog one day when I find you. :)
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!