~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Yes! We DID have snow! Man, what snow!!


We had A LOT of snow. I hope you like the pictures I took. The photos, in turquoise, were taken this morning at 7:00 AM. Aren't they beautiful? I couldn't believe it when I looked outside, I had never seen the sky that color before... The other photos were taken in the late afternoon -- from out of my window... and from out of my storm door. Hey, I wasn't going out there. ;)

I hope you enjoy our snowstorm photos from Connecticut.

These were taken late last night, after it 'started' snowing...



Now HERE are the lovely photos from this morning...




OK, now here are photos from late this afternoon....












See below: I couldn't even open my storm door!!!!
--And please excuse my "dirty" storm door. Hey, I live in the country! There's a lot of DIRT here! No, it's NOT that I am a lazy cleaning person. ;)




I took this because of the huge icicle, see?






You might have seen this "bike" in other pics/on other posts. I can't even tell you how long that has been there, I am too ashamed to say...
This was from a news report on the storm/snow this afternoon...
And our forecast for the next few days...
OK, I think I am finally done! I hope you haven't been bored and you've enjoyed the photos.
I will try to get some photos of my house, from the bottom of the hill -- my son is going out to shovel a path now. Yes, at this late hour! That's how we are around here... very unconventional. Don't know if that's good or bad... Guess it's all how you look at it. Some might say we are ridiculous -- I'd rather say we are FUN. (Sounds better.)
Best,
Gloria

24 comments:

  1. I would say you are fun, too, Gloria! Those are some WONDERFRUL shots. I loved the turquoise one, too, and one of a bush that was just like a giant snowcone. You look like you live in a snowglobe!

    Thanks for sharing. All we get is cold, but never the pretty white stuff.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    P.S. I posted another chance at the china drawing tonight. Wanted you to have a heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some snow!!! It looks like a winter wonderland up there...just as long as you can stay indoors and enjoy it from the heat of your home!

    Question...who owns the bike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne: the bike is my son's... he drives now... So that will answer the question of: "How long has that bike been there?"

    Sheila: Thank you for saying I am fun and not INSANE.

    gv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    Looks like Narnia!
    Pretty ....
    Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the snow shots Gloria...and am so glad you have the white stuff and not me for a change ha ha!! I pray all is well in your world my Dear friend..I have a head cold dang it anyway I get one every year right after Christmas and girl I take that air borne stuff before I go out in crowds and still didn't help ha ha!! I have the biggest red nose right not in fact it matches my old red robe ha ha!!
    Hugs and smiles the other Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photography, Gloria. Love the turquoise! It looks mighty cold! Brrrr!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Gloria!

    I love this post and the next one! So many great shots. I wonder how much more snow you will get tomorrow? Thanks for showing us a close up of what we are seeing on the news.

    Stay warm,

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty pictures! but gee I'm glad we're not that cold here....I already feel frozen thru being 33 during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gloria ~ I've loved looking at your photos! They're beautiful! You're living in the middle of a winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gloria, Your're photos are beautiful--especially the turquoise ones! In spite of the beauty of snow, I just have this to say about snowy, cold days...UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe that turquoise color!!! Amazing! It's all so beautiful, a true winter wonderland. I so enjoyed all of the pretty pictures! And I have to agree...you are SUPER FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Gloria you sure did get a lot of snow..It looks so gorgeous.
    We have quite a bit here too but not that much, maybe a foot or so.
    I love your pictures the turquoise color is incredible.
    have a great weekend
    xx
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how pretty! The turquoise photography was just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great but chilling photos for a Southern California boy :-)

    While most of the country is freezing we are having 80 degree weather today. But we also have a lot of earthquakes mixed in with our nice weather! :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had to take a spin back by to see your photos again. These are beautiful. I want to see your little red cottage in the snow. Wish you had a shot of that, G.

    It was pretty here today, and I think it's slated to be up in the 70's this week which should be NICE. Wish you were here to go shopping with me. I have cabin fever SO bad. SOOOOOO bad. LOL!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for visiting and following me. I am following you back. Does that mean we are stalkers? LOL
    I love the snow pics. I have never actually seen such beautiful snow. We deep southerners are truly enjoying the beautiful pictures. Just stay safe.
    Isn't that Sheila a sweetheart. She is quite the lady.
    Thanks for posting my giveaway button. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love snow -- in photos! Hope you're digging out and getting around. It's lovely in New York today. I'm out of boots and enjoying the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Gloria, those morning pictures of the snow are incredible! I love the color - the photos look so quiet and peaceful! Your other photos are all beautiful too (that's a lot of snow!). Hope you are staying warm. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dearest Gloria,

    Thanks for following me! Yeah, Mary probably doesn't know about bitly.com where you do shorten a long link. I did not want it to be regarded as spam; that's why. But guess she found it. Olivia so far did not get any note from her...
    Let's forget it.
    Did you check out my 925/000 silver angel giveaway; at the top right of my blog? Just click on it and it takes you to the action.
    My what a snow you got! We've worked in Franklin, CT and also during snow times but nothing like this! We even had freezing rain and snow here in the heart of Georgia! That's what I posted on my blog. Rare pictures as it was in 2002 that we had snow in January.

    Have a great week!

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh My! That's a lot of snow. But your pictures are gorgeous. And I love the bike against the tree. Very romantic! We're suppose to get ice again tomorrow morning. I thought Texas was suppose to skip this kind of weather! But it gets worse every year. This is the second year we've had over 4" accumulation in 1 day. Ridiculous! Global warming my foot. Enough complaining...your place does look beautiful. Enjoy the cozy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! What gorgeous photos! And what a fun but crazy snow experience. Thanks so much for the lovely comment and wisdom. I so appreciate the encouragement at a time when I was feeling overwhelmed :) Have a wonderful, chilly day!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ugh, that is a lot of snow. You can keep it! I've seen too much lately and I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These photos are magical. Especially the golden coloured ones while it was snowing. Divine. Best wishes, Carol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!