~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding "Cocktail" -- from the Evening Reception -- CRACK BABY COCKTAIL


This post is in honor of William and Kate's Royal Wedding on Friday, April 29, 2011. As I was looking online today, trying to find some photos of the Evening Reception from the night of the wedding, I found some online info that said that the star cocktail that was served was called the "Crack Baby Cocktail." I said to myself, "What???!!" So I read further and they gave the ingredients and I then also said to myself, "Hmmmm, sounds interesting and delicious! I think I might like to make that for company during the Summer!" So I copied down the ingredients -- sounds simple enough, and quite delicious. I am including it here in case you might like to try it one day too!

CRACK BABY COCKTAIL:
A mix of Vodka, Passion Fruit, Chambord Raspberry Liqueur and Champagne.

Apparently, The Crack Baby is the signature drink at "Boujis" -- the 'Royal' hangout of Prince William and Kate, when they were dating, and Kate's favorite; and this club is also frequented by Prince Harry. Boujis is a private, members-only club in London (South Kensington) and it quite exclusive. Here are a couple of photos of the club, courtesy of their website:








Hope you enjoy the "Royal Wedding/Crack Baby Cocktail" if you decide to try it! I am looking forward to getting all of the ingredients and trying it out myself! ;)



Congratulations to Prince William and his lovely bride.


Best,

Gloria



Note: Photos courtesy of Google Images and Boujis website.

26 comments:

  1. I'd be almost afraid to drink something with the name of "crack baby" -- sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much for your comment about the refresh button. That seems to have done the trick! Someone else recommended changing something in the settings, which cleared up the spacing issue. I knew I could count on my fellow bloggers! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a name for a cocktail! It does sound good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a scary name for a drink :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the cocktail would have quite a wallop. A little sweet for me. So enjoyed watching all the wedding festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great idea about the table, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll have to tell me how that tasted when you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's no wonder I've never heard of it before...I'd have had to been a member of that la-de-dah club in order to order one. Guess I'll stick with my Canadian and Diet Coke! Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gloria
    Wow what a name!!! But the ingredients sound amazing.. I'm going to give it a try:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the guy making this on TV. I couldn't decide if it sounded good or too sweet. What do you think???

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well hello Gloria, thank you so much for the sweetest comment you left on creJJtion regarding our engagement and The Ring! My future husband is indeed a keeper :-) he selected this ring all by himself, no one else involved, not even me pushing him in any direction...
    Have a lovely day,
    Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gloria,

    Thanks for the recipe. I don't know though ... mixing vodka with champagne? That sounds like a for sure headache the next morning! I enjoyed seeing the pics of their lounge hangout too.

    Take care, my friend.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gloria,

    Thanks for the recipe, and it looks delicious! i just might try it as well in the summer, gotta hunt some of those glasses too in my thrifting trip hehe...yes im sure it's quite expensive to be a member of the club, afterall the royal princes are members of the club, dont think a commoner and low income like me could afford it or even admitted to be a member hehehe, i wish! x Susan/miss tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gloria!

    How are you doing today? I'm glad you liked my post! :-)

    The name is funny... too bad I can't drink for 7 more months! :-) I'm pregnant! :-)

    Have a great day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gloria,

    Thanks soo much for the comforting comments, not that i want anyone else to experience the same things as I do but yes you're right that i'm not alone going thru this, i know i have to pick myself up, dust myself off and try my best to overcome this prob, i do hope both of us will overcome these probs and i love what your father said, The Good Lord Provides! Ameen!! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! My first time to hear such a name :) Thanks for sharing the picture of Will and Kate. Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wedding was incredible! I loved watching it. Have a great day!,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Gloria,
    Your scared of my baby snake. LOL He was tiny. Take another look, you can even see he ate something most likely a lizard(here in Florida) You can see where his little body looks swolen. I love nature. LOL as long as it is outside

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gloria,

    What a great name for a cocktail! I'll have to try those ingredients. I wonder if our invitation for the Royal Wedding got lost in the mail. :) Thank you so much for the birthday greetings. Let me know when yours is. No point in lying about your age. LOL

    Happy Mothers Day!
    Rosemary...XX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Gloria, Very nice post. I am a secret glutton for royal information and seeing their hangout is fun. As for the cocktail, for me personally it has two too many ingredients. Chambord is a luxury French liqueur - something to be lingered over. Mixing it with Champagne - OK, mixing it with vodka - OK, but mixing it with both and adding another fruit flavor -yikes! Destruction. I love the dreamy photos of Martha's Vineyard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting name for a drink. Don't know if I'd like it, but it sure looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have recently discovered your blog. It is very nice. I am now following and hope that you will visit my blog and follow too. I love the color red. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an interesting name for a drink! Thanks for sharing at Homemaker on a Dime!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by my spot! I love to "meet" fellow NYers who have escaped the City but still LOVE IT! "Whose Shoes Are These Anyway" blog is one of my favorites!
    Hmm, yea about the crack baby cocktail, the ingredients sound good and probably taste great but I would think they could find a better name!
    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm having fun catching up on your posts. Loving the crack baby cocktail idea -- how funny that this is the "royal" drink of choice. Hope you'll visit again soon! xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!