~~~~~

Mytoi Gardens

Mytoi Gardens
~~~~~~~~Taken inside Mytoi Gardens on Chappaquiddick Island, Martha's Vinyard (Photo by Gloria)~~~~~ -- Blog Content/Photos: Copyright © 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 -- All Rights Reserved.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Monday, January 16, 2012 -- In Honor of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to all. This is just a short post today, because I do not think that I can add anything to a statement more profound than Dr. King had made in the one noted below. Times are tough these days... for many of us...
Therefore, even though Dr. King gave many inspiring quotes for us to cherish, this one below might inspire a lot of us to hold on in times of stress and bad economy these days.

Many thanks to Dr. King for his wisdom, which we are appreciating even today, so many years after his passing. Again, Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to all!
Best,
Gloria

13 comments:

  1. Such an inspiring and controversial man who had the fortitude to fight for what was right. When I look back on American history, and in particular Black American history, the injustice still astonishes me.

    Thanks for stopping by and for your comments on the N.E. Patriots! Go Pats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is short and sweet just as you said it would be, and the quote is profound, something we should mull over. :-) Happy MLK Day, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria my friend, hope you are having a great Sunday. Thanks for stopping by, always love hearing from you. We have been trying to deal with illness (James is having problems now) but, we are slowly getting better. Nice tribute to Dr King. Have a wonderful week! Hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loretta: I am testing out my new "reply to comment" feature I just installed (see Susan's Between Naps on the Porch post today!) -- so I am happy it's working. Thanks for helping with the test!
      gv

      Delete
  4. Great post about MLK!

    Don't worry about not connecting the dots between my blog & Pinterest. : ) We're all guilty of that from time to time because of trying to stay on top of all our social networks. I can't imagine how confused I would be if I had an Iphone to play with. I enjoy seeing your pins! Thanks for sharing some great ideas!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. In deed he was an amazing man. It's important that we never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gloria! Great man and a very nice post. Thanks for popping in to see me and I will always have red in my kitchen. Red just sings to me! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, you have a remarkable and touching post to share w/ us. Thank you, Gloria!

    I've been so busy... trying my best to do everything.... I missed your blog!

    Have a great day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao bella!!
    How is your handsome son these days??
    Love,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gloria, MLK was remarkable. I was just realizing that he really wasn't very old for all the wisdom and change that he promoted.

    I really enjoyed this post. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually needed this today. I've been in the middle of doing something really difficult but I've persevered because it's the right thing to do. My haul isn't over. I'm still helping where I can in a very tough situation but I needed to be reminded that just because it's tough, doesn't mean I should back out and wash my hands of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweet Gloria, thank you so much for your lovely and generous comments, I love and appreciate your visits my friend. What a wonderful and unique man Dr. King was, I remember those days when I was a kid, everybody seemed like they were getting killed around me, such a sad time in history, but the legacy he left America and the world is infinite! I don't know how to do the Pinterest thing, lol! I did join it though, but I just go there through other ways, but not from me. I will join you honey, I'm not to computer savvy, sorry. Lots of hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gloria! Thanks for popping in and yes, I do love those Le Creuset pots. I use them a couple of time or more a week!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment -- it's appreciated!