I won her blog giveaway a while ago: a subscription to VICTORIA MAGAZINE. I received my first issue recently, and on this snowy weekend here in New England, it was a very much appreciated past-time, to curl up and read such a lovely magazine. Thank you again, Willow, I appreciated my win. Here's Willow's link to her blog in case you'd like to visit: http://myirishcottagehome.blogspot.com/ She and her husband just redid a bookcase into a TV console and they did a fabulous job! Stop by to check it out if you'd like
.
I also wanted to include in this post an additional thank you to another of my blogging buddies, Lilybets, for a couple of gifts she sent to me this holiday... I will explain more below...
But, for now, here's some nice photos from Victoria Magazine.
The other part of this post, as I mentioned, is for raving about a sweet little package I received for Christmas from Lilybets - from the blog: http://nelboscodililybets.blogspot.com/ (Please click on her blog name to visit!) Lilybets lives in Malta, and she is one of the loveliest people that I have met in my 'blog travels.' She is very kind, loving and is good to animals!! (I know she will visit here and will smile when she reads that!) The next two photos are what Lilybets so generously and lovingly mailed to me from Malta. I will always treasure them...
A pretty felt Santa, complete with Jingle Bells!
I am also including a photo of this "G" below -- it is a special Christmas tree decoration that one of my very absolute favorite blogger friends sent to me last year, among a few other things. I will not name her, she is "quite shy" and wouldn't want me to give her any praises! But I must say that to get something like this (and the other decorations I received, of course), I feel are the most special things that one can get because one will ALWAYS remember the person, and the story of how they received what was sent, every time these mementos are taken out for the holiday every year. Isn't that the most precious thing for each of us to have when looking at our decorations? To pick something up, as we decorate, and look at it and remember the person and the circumstance of receiving it? I think that's one of the BEST parts of the holidays!
Gloria
The magazine looks great - especially that gorgeous cake! What lovely gifts you have received too. We have had nothing here but rain and very strong winds, no signs of snow at all. So different from this time last year Best wishes to you x Sue x
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got the magazine. I know you will enjoy it. Love the other gifts you got, just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love your son's photo, the light streak is so cool. It is so nice having bloggin' buddies, isn't it? Have s wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI bet you're coming up with all sorts of decorating ideas while pouring through your new magazine!
ReplyDeleteGloria,
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to win a give-a-way! Congrats!
Dee Dee
Congrats on your win Gloria, it is certainly a nice one! Love your gifts too...there are so many nice folks in blogland we call friends, right? Have a delicious weekend! Love, Loretta
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria, Just stopping by. Love your Son's picture with the snow. Hope you are not snowed in. Living in Florida, I sometimes miss the Michigan winters I grew up with.
ReplyDeleteThat is a cool photo. You should talk him into getting his own photography blog. Congratulations on your winnings.
ReplyDeleteGosh, Thanks SO much for that sweet lil note about my bathroom, that was so kind of you. I have only heard about Victoria magazine twice in my life, and both times were today! How bazaar. Anyway glad you commented, now I have another blog to love!
ReplyDeleteCongrats for the magazines you won,they look beutiful !I'm very glad you appreciate my little gifts,your house covered of snow looks to me a fantastic place,so far and different, my Santa Claus found a very tipical and kind new home!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this magazine! Congrats on your win! You will really enjoy this in the mailbox each few weeks!
ReplyDeleteSherry
Hi Gloria, what a wonderful group of blogging ladies you have gathered for friends. The decorations are beautiful and as, you said, you will remember them always. The thought of snuggling down on a snowy evening with beautiful pictures (and on top that you WON!) sounds really cozy. I love the picture of your home; I think he is very talented too! It is snowing hard here right now, and I am grateful that I get to stay home and blog in my pj's.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kathy M.
That's a fabulous prize. I wanted to go buy an issue yesterday but didn't have time. I have too many anyways. I can't part with any of them. But I'm so jealous of your winnings! LOL! Thanks for giving us a peak in there.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Caroline
Congrats on your winning and enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteOh how exciting, Gloria. Congrats! I love that magazine. I try to look for it in the magazine stand in the airport but can never find it....Christine
ReplyDeleteThanks for your help with the photo editing programs. I should be able to find one that I like from the list! Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS SO COOL THAT YOU WON!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of the magazine but it looks like something that should b in my radar from now on!!